Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Interview with Joe Siddall

Joe Siddall played thirteen years of professional baseball, including major league stints with Montreal, Florida and Detroit. He is now a coach for the Windsor Stars, a Canadian team, and kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.
Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
Getting a major league baseball card of yourself is quite a thrill. I have two, one from the Montreal Expos and one from the Florida Marlins. Unfortunately, I did not get one with the Detroit Tigers.
He attached scans of his two cards:

Do you collect baseball cards?
I did as a kid, but not anymore. Collecting cards was the way we learned all the players (and their batting stances). Of course, we imitated them when we were up to bat playing with our buddies.
Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or other players?
I won't mention any names, but it is quite funny when a pitcher's card is made up and he is posing as a hitter. Or, when a batter is posing his opposite hand. This occurs occasionally in the minor leagues because I'm sure the photographers have no idea of who a player is.



Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment