Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dave Turgeon on baseball cards

Dave Turgeon played first and third base for four years in the Yankees organization, from 1987 to 1990. He then converted to pitching, which he did professionally in Holland, France, Taiwan, Mexico, and the Orioles organization. He is now the pitching coach at Virginia Tech and kindly replied to my inquiry about his baseball card experiences. "My favorite card is my 1989 minor league card where the card says Dave Turgeon 3rd base and in the photo it is an action shot of me playing first base. I collect cards of my favorite teammates and only cards where I have a personal connection with that person....some are famous but most of whom never made it on to fame but were hall of fame people to me....some were mentors and some were friends and continue to be to this day.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment