Thursday, September 10, 2009

Luis Polonia's favorite card

A speedy, exciting player, Luis Polonia played twelve years in the major leagues, mostly for the Yankees and Angels, stealing over 300 bases and compiling a lifetime batting average of .293. His last major league hit was his biggest, a pinch-hit single in the bottom of the ninth inning of Game 1 of the 2000 World Series that helped sparked the Yankees' comeback off of Armando Benitez.

Polonia now owns a successful baseball academy in the Dominican Republic and kindly took the time to send a brief reply via blackberry to my inquiry about his baseball cards.

"I have most of my b cards and a drawing picture bb card with the angels is my favorite."

Thanks! As a Yankee fan, I'm a bit disappointed his favorite wasn't one with the Bombers, so here's a great shot of him running the bases in his second of three tours with the Yanks.

1 comment: