Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Interview with Brian McRae

Brian McRae played ten seasons in the major leagues for five teams, mostly the Royals and Cubs. He had over 100 career home runs and over 100 career stolen bases, and five times ranked in the top ten in his league in triples. He is now the general manager of the Kansas City Sluggers, a youth league team whose alumni include Albert Pujols. He kindly took the time to answer my questions about baseball cards.

Bo Rosny: Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
Brian McRae: One of my early cards is a picture of Willie Wilson instead of me.


BR: Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?

BM: My first rookie card in 1991.


BR: Do you collect baseball cards?

BM: My collection goes from the early 70's to early 90's.


Thanks!
Here is a rookie card of McRae from my collection. It is clearly him and not Willie Wilson. I couldn't figure out which card has the Wilson photo. Do any of you readers know?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man...I used to love Brian McRae! I've definitely never heard of the Willie Wilson thing though...so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was a huge Hal McRae fan and I remember when we were watching a Detroit vs KC game Brian came to bad and he was stunned how he looked like his father.

    I always thought Brian would end up with 2200 hits and a career 280-290 average... he was a great player when he was all there.

    If you think about it, if Brian was super healthy he realistically been playing today at 41.

    ReplyDelete