Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Brian O'Connor on baseball cards

Brian O'Connor pitched eleven years of professional baseball, including six games for the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2000. He is now a baseball coach in Ohio. He kindly responded to my questions about baseball cards.

"I don't really have any stories about cards. Like most I collected them as a kid.
I had every set from 1977-1995 I have sold some of them on ebay. I do collect my own cards and jerseys. I have 3 boys so I collect stuff for them now. They are into card collecting as well. My favorite card of myself is the 2000 Pacific Omega rookies card. On the back of that card it has that I pitched 2 perfect innings against Houston in relief and only threw 14 pitches. It was my best outing in my short big league career."

Thanks! I couldn't find a picture of the Pacific Omega card, so here is the only card I have of him, from 2000 Fleer Tradition Update.

No comments:

Post a Comment