Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trade with Night Owl Cards

Greg from Night Owl Cards saw my post about wanting more early 80s Fleer and sent me this stack of 82s, 83s and 84s in exchange for some Dodgers and night cards he did not have.

It was fun going through my duplicates looking specifically for night cards - if anyone else has any out-of-the-box collections like that, let me know and I would love to help.

I'll post some more over the next few days but here are some highlights:
Mario Soto's 1982 Fleer shows that composition was not a great concern among Fleer photographers. The picture seems to be two-thirds sky, one-third Soto. Bad ratio. Of course, the next year they photographed him next to a trunk.

Here is the only Yankee I got in the stack - Shane Rawley's 1983 Fleer.

I took this picture of Tony Pena's 1984 Fleer, laughing and joking while balancing catching gear on his bats. Then I turned on YES and saw him laughing in the Yankee dugout as Nick Swisher pitched the eighth inning. Unfortunately, Swisher is probably the Yankees' best reliever right now.

Remember how awful Gaylord Perry's 1982 and 1983 Fleer cards were? Looks like this time he spotted the photographer first and is about to attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment