Sunday, August 6, 2023

Major minor garage sale pickup part I

I went and picked up some cards at another garage sale this weekend. I paid $40 for two boxes, one 3200 count and one 800 count, so figure about a penny a card. Lots of cards that I had already, but enough new ones to make it worth while.

There's enough material to cover two posts, so this one will be the 3200 count box. The other box had fewer cards but somewhat more interesting ones. These are pretty fun too though.

You may remember a few weeks ago I bought a lot of cards at a garage sale that included a near-complete 1991 Line Drive AA set. Well, I saw this one had what appears to be a near-complete AAA set! Once I saw that I knew that the symmetry was perfect and I needed to get it. I haven't finished sorting yet so I don't know how close I am to completion. I do know that I needed a lot more of this set in the first place. There was a fair amount of AAs as well.

Also a lot of 1991, 1992 and 1993 OPC Premier. I've already completed '91 and '92 but still needed most of '93.
No cards I will need from here, I've already finished 1993 Triple Play and 1990 Fleer. At least the 1990 Fleer, except for a lot of Mets cards, are all stars and Hall of Famers, so if there's a card or two you still need from that set, I might have it.
The rest of what was in the box. I don't need those few Leaf cards and the one Clemente puzzle piece. However, I will need most of those various Skybox cards. I was certainly happy to see a Mariano Rivera card that I did not have.


5 comments:

  1. Nice pick-up! Would love to come across a collection of minor league cards like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda jealous of all of those early 90's Line Drive cards. It's fun to flip through that kind of stuff to see who panned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I've always liked about the blogs is seeing what interests other people, especially when said interests are completely different than mine. And this post is a perfect example of that, as I wouldn't have been able to walk away quick enough had I went to look in the box and seen all of those Line Drive's.

    ReplyDelete