Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Back to Black

 Thanks to reader Jimetal7212 who answered the mystery re the Team TSC foil variations. "There not variations in the truest sense of the normal use. Stadium Club used roll on rainbow foil during this release so depending on where the card laid on the sheet it may have received different foil treatments. Because of this randomness and non-repeating nature any version is a base version. "Variations" in foil type are like this throughout the set and no premium for any type of foil."

One set that certainly didn't need foil is the 1971 Topps set. I recently got a few set needs from Bucky75

My favorites are Frank Hernandez and Felipe Alou taking hacks at the old Yankee Stadium. Those two cards go really well together. You can even see the same fan sitting a couple of seats to the left of the dugout pillar, so you know it's the same game. I know I'm in the extreme minority here, but I also really like the yellow uniforms!


6 comments:

  1. I like them, too. How can you not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you in that minority. I was happy to see those unis on a couple of current cards a few years back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1971 Topps has some really interesting cards. Those A's uniforms are loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bo-
    Glad that I could locate some of your needs hopefully someone might be able to find some of my needs too

    ReplyDelete
  5. 71' is a great set especially if you can find them in decent shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite 70's baseball set, I love pretty much everything about it.

    ReplyDelete