Monday, December 21, 2020

1983 Fleer Stamps

 As you may know, I love all things early '80s Fleer, sets which had fun photography with lots of quirky character. While I have accumulated most of the 1982 Fleer Stamps I had never come across any of the '83s. Quite accidentally I discovered that you can pick up the whole set quite cheaply. The entire set came in four 72-stamp sheets and there are a lot of complete sets of the four sheets on eBay, that can be gotten for around $10 or so shipped. It's a great buy if you love these kinds of "cards", or PC a bunch of players from the early '80s.

The stamps are small, maybe a quarter the size of a standard baseball card. I'm keeping them intact in one of the plastic wrappers they came in.

Here are many highlights of the fun photography in this set:
















3 comments:

  1. I love oddballs like these. Very affordable way to add a rookie year Boggs to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen these before. Very interesting. Thanks for giving us a good look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are new to me too. Not surprised that they can be had so cheap though, most of these kinds of things were made in abundance, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest from newer collectors to go back and pick things like this up.

    ReplyDelete