Sunday, April 22, 2018

Blog Bat-Around: All-autograph team

Torren' Up Cards thought of an interesting blog-bat-around - your all-autograph team. I'm not really an autograph collector but I do enjoy the ones I get, and I've accumulated a decent amount over the years. (I don't see this becoming a full-on project like vintage, though.)

Outfield: Frank Robinson, Aaron Judge, Willie Stargell. I think of Stargell as a 1B but he actually played more games in the outfield during his career. I stuck Judge in center as he played a bit there this year.
 The infield has Yankees on the corners, and Mets up the middle. Boggs, Harrelson, Samuel, Mattingly. Overall my all-autograph team is weaker up the middle then on either side of the diamond. Boggs beat out Brooks Robinson just because he's a Yankee. That card is a DefGav custom.
 Catcher is Bill Freehan, who had a solid career, though the autograph is a bit faded here. For whatever reason my pitching staff is much weaker than the lineup. I picked one starter, Mike Scott, and one reliever, Dave Righetti. Neither had a lot of competition.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see Donnie Baseball get some love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lineup! Love seeing Mike Scott make an appearance on someone's roster.

    ReplyDelete