Tuesday, April 10, 2018

1967 Topps: looking closer

Just some observations as I got through all those vintage cards . . .


I really like the team set cards in this set. I'm probably the only one but I like Yellow backgrounds on cards. And I suppose technically this is my first vintage Mantle - he's second from left in the second row.
All of the team cards had solid color backgrounds, except one. Too bad, too, because this card look fantastic with the huge amount of sky.
Here's an awesome card to get - my first Jim Bouton card.
There were several cards with writing on the back. Most was just the occasional stray line or scribble, but there is an angry message on the back of this card. Not sure if the writer hates Mike De La Hoz's guts or someone else's.



1 comment:

  1. I don't suppose the I Hate Your Guts variant of Mike De La Hoz is a double, is it?

    ReplyDelete