Thursday, July 6, 2017

The kind of trade package I like best

The Little Fun Game is over but it will still take several weeks if not longer to put together the 20+ trade packages from the 40,000+ cards I am going through. I do look forward to trading with all of you when the cards are finally ready to mail.

Before the LFG, I completed a trade with Bump and Run Football Cards. This whole trade-a-thon was started by my acquisition of a huge collection that was partially a trade for all my non-baseball cards. Trevor claimed some of the football cards I was going to be getting rid of, and we recently got around to completing the trade.

While cards from my "wantlist" are always appreciated, the cards that Trevor sent back are a great example of the kinds of random surprises that make the best trade packages.

I still need just about everything 2017. This is my first ever Bunt card. I like the laser graphic on this.
 Also my first cards from 2017 Archives.
 Here's where it gets really good. I love oddball minor league cards of the 1980s and 1990s.
 I love "Broders" - those unlicensed cards of the mid-to-late 1980s.
 I love  oddballs that are tied to a non-baseball product like cheese . . .
 . . . or plastic bags. This one is even better as it features a Yankee (and a great shot of the old Yankee Stadium).

No comments:

Post a Comment