Monday, July 31, 2017

National Baseball Card Day reminder

I turned a few old Reggie Jackson cards into these cards from my street vendor Al. These are all shiny 2017 cards in the style of 1987 Topps. I know its fashionable these days to express disdain for the design but it was the first set I ever collected and it's a design I will always love. The backs all say "Congratulations! You have received a 1987 Topps Baseball Card from the 2017 Topps Baseball Hobby Continuity Program."

You will see there were also a couple of filler cards mixed in as well. They must have come from 2017 packs but are very interesting to me - it notes that the date of National Baseball Card Day is Saturday, August 12. I never hear about NBCD until it is too late so I'm glad to be finding out ahead of time this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment