Monday, April 17, 2017

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge Day 7

"A card you bought in person and the story behind it."  Almost all my card purchases are in-person, and I'm not sure of any real stories about one card or lot of cards bought. So I went back to the archives of my blog to see the first in-person purchase I made since starting this blog in 2009. I found a purchase from a Craigslist seller in June of that year - several albums and a large box for $10. Looks like it was mostly junk wax but at that time I needed lots of junk wax. Fast forward eight years later and I've completed a lot more sets - enough that I don't pick up lots from that era unless they are free - but, like in the second part of my posts on that haul, I still have lots to trade from 86-93 Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score, Upper Deck and Bowman, so if any of you readers need that stuff let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment