Thursday, July 12, 2012

Player Profile: Benny Ayala


I have 14 cards of Benny Ayala. This one is from 1984 Topps.

Playing career: Benny Ayala started his major league career with a bang, hitting a home run in his first major league at bat. He totaled 38 home runs in his ten year career, and hit .429 in two World Series with the Orioles. You can find a more detailed account of his career on the 1983 ToppsBlog.

My memories: His 1981 Donruss card was one of the oldest cards I owned when I was a kid.

Where he is now: He is on the advisory board of the BaseballAssistance Team and an instructor at the Puerto Rico Instructional BaseballLeague.

Interesting stories: He shared some baseball card stories with me that you can find in these two posts.

Google Autocomplete results: The first four results when you type Benny Ay have to do with him. There do not appear to be any other prominent Benny Ayalas.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Bobby Ayala.

No comments:

Post a Comment