Sunday, December 18, 2011

Danan Hughes on baseball cards

Outfielder Danan Hughes played in the Brewers organization in 1992 and 1993, hitting .300 with 2 HR and 26 RBI. He then played six seasons in the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs, amassing 685 total yards and 5 touchdowns as a WR/KR. Now a mortgage loan officer at US Bank in Kansas City, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
Just that it's very cool to have cards out there. My parents still give them out to kids or have me sign some. Plus, as my kids get older, they get to see the cool side of Dad back in the day.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
Maybe because I only played a couple of years of pro baseball, I really like seeing my baseball cards around. People still collect & bring them to me for signatures every once in awhile. Pretty cool.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
Nope. My kids have at times in the past but I never did.


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment