Saturday, July 9, 2011

Interview with Frank Wills

Frank Wills pitched for the Royals, Mariners, Indians and Blue Jays from 1983 to 1991, winning 22 games and saving six. Now the owner of Frank Wills Enterprises in New Orleans, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
My very first card (if you call it that) was when I was with Kansas City. I believe it was a 1985 Donruss card. It was my picture on the card but it has Danny Jackson's name at the bottom. Danny and I had similar leg kicks but Danny is a lefty and I'm a righty and there's no mistaking the face. Danny and I both agreeed back then never to autograph the card. Of, course I signed my own card for my own safe keeping.
- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
All my cards are my favorites!!!


- Do you collect baseball cards?
I do not actively collect cards but do have two or three full sets of cards in storage. Dewayne Buice gave me a full set of what I believe are called Upper Deck cards the first year they came out. They have the hologram on them. I don't recall what the other sets are.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment