Friday, November 19, 2010

Tarrik Brock on baseball cards

Tarrik Brock played twelve seasons of professional baseball, making the major leagues with the Cubs in 2000. Currently the minor league outfield coordinator for the Florida Marlins, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My favorite card story is from the '92 or '93 season. They didn't do action shots then, so I took it upon myself to attempt to do one. I tried to make it look like I was sliding into third base but it was actually first. I had this huge smile while I was doing it.

I do have a card collection and when i was a kid. We used baseball cards and put them in the spokes of our bikes to make them sound like motorcycles."


Thanks! Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of that card, but here is one from 1992 Upper Deck Minors that also seems to be a posed action shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment