Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gregg Olson on baseball cards

Gregg Olson pitched fourteen years in the major leagues, mostly for the Baltimore Orioles. The American League Rookie of the Year in 1989, he ranks 36th all time with 217 saves. Today he is the Managing Member of Toolshed Sports. The company makes ventilated athletic shorts called "sheds" which are endorsed by baseball stars like Jason Giambi and Mark McGwire. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
One of my favorite stories was the Billy Ripken '89 card with the bad name on the bat handle. I still can't believe that made it through editing.

Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
No favorite cards. Still hard to look at the one, I guess '92 where I'm covering home plate and Mike Pagliarulo is sliding in (Twins). He could've crushed me.

Do you collect baseball cards?
I don't collect anymore, I did when I played.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment