Monday, May 24, 2010

Cards from a garage sale

Went to another garage sale this weekend, and picked up a tupperware filled with several hundred loose cards for $8.00. Awesome!

While there were a variety of different cards, like this 1994 SP die cut, most of the cards came from a few specific sets.

1994 Donruss Triple Play.

1990 Classic Traded (Yellow). I now need only three of these - Ken Griffey Jr., Mike Witt and Jack Armstrong.

1991 Ultra. The back of Ivan Calderon's card really caught my eye. With the big Calderon towering over the two little ones in their bright blue pants, I'm strangely reminded of Oompa-Loompas.

1989 Topps Big Baseball. Some great backs on these!

Needless to say, I have quite a few duplicates of cards from these sets if anyone is looking to fill some holes. There were also about a hundred non-sport cards - mostly Marvel/XMen, Batman Forever, and Ghostbusters II. Is anyone interested in trading baseball cards for these? (I also have some basketball and hockey cards I'd love to trade for baseball if anyone's interested.)

1 comment:

  1. Cards stored in tupperware! That's great!

    If you have a dupe of the Classic Yellow Ron Walden (#82), I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete