Saturday, May 4, 2024

(Lee Maye)(the fourth be with)(Yu Darvish)

I've had the idea for this post for almost a year. Last year I was watching a Yankees-Blue Jays game. My wife walked by and thought she heard the announcer say that Boba Fett was batting for the Blue Jays. That gave me the idea for matching up Star Wars characters with baseball players. I was able to think of some more player names that are similar to Star Wars character names. Some of these are closer matches than others. I just limited it to Star Wars characters that I have a card for, which is mostly just my old Return of the Jedi cards from when I was a kid. I'm sure there's a lot more from the newer movies and TV shows but I had to stop somewhere!

"I'm Luke Walker, I'm here to rescue you!"
"Consolo, captain of the Millennium Falcon . . ."
"I'm Lando Cepeda, administrator of this facility. And who might you be?"
"Governor Larkin. I thought I recognized your foul stench when I came on board."
"There you will learn from Koda, the Jedi Master who instructed me."
LoGray, the Ewok medicine man.
Droopy McCool was a member of Jabba the Hutt's palace band. Apparently his real name was Snit.
"This is my counterpart, Artoo-Ditmar."

"Obi-Wan Kozlowski? I wonder if he means old Ben Kozlowski?"

"We'll find Joba the Hutt and that bounty hunter . . . "
Qui-John Finn, who trained Obi-Wan Kenobi, played minor league baseball, and writes a baseball card blog.
Qui-John Finn was defeated by the dark lord Darth Maule.

Happy Star Wars Day!


7 comments:

  1. Love it! Always love a good Lee Maye reference as well as Star Wars stuff.

    But a certain reformed stormtrooper has to be wondering how a guy named Finn ended up being paired up with Qui-Gon and not him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious post! Ckever too. I love it! I hear a lot of Boba Fett playing for the Blue Jays.

    Which card blog does John Finn write for? I'll need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole "May the 4th" thing might be my least favorite yearly internet thing, but I've gotta say, this post was actually enjoyable to read. Someone finally did something interesting to celebrate the day!

    P.S. Thanks for the nod :)

    ReplyDelete