Thursday, May 2, 2024

Equipment: 1989 Topps (Traded and Big)

Jerry Browne's nickname "Gov" can be seen on his batting glove. I remember it can also be seen on his 1991 Donruss card. I am thinking that I am going to cut off this series at 1990, though. The end of the Eighties seems like a good stopping point, leaving a reasonable amount of cards from other brands like Donruss and Fleer to go through. Maybe an exception for a set like Collectors Choice or some minor league sets.

Steve Sax wore #6 for the Yankees, but his bat knob says 11, which belonged to Don Slaught.
Tommy Barrett wore #14 in 1988 and #29 in 1989. I found a 1989 Phillies spring training program online at Barrett did wear #14 in spring of 1989. However, in the inset photo he is wearing the batting helmet of #18, Chris James.

 

2 comments:

  1. You've got some awesome eyes. I can't zoomed until it was blurry and couldn't see anything on Jerry's batting helmet. Ugh. It sucks to have poor eyesight.

    ReplyDelete