Saturday, May 11, 2024

1981 Topps Padres Future Stars

 

Skipping “front” and “back” for this card and just focusing on the players.

George Stablein

The player: Stablein played six seasons of pro ball, mostly in the Padres organization. He appeared in four games for the big club in 1980, going 0-1 with a 3.09 ERA.

The man: After his playing career Stablein worked in real estate, and is now a physical therapist for Kaiser Permanente in California.

My collection: This is the only card of him in my collection. I would be interested in trading for 1982 TCMA Hawaii Islanders #15.

Craig Stimac

The player: Stimac played seven seasons of pro ball, mostly in the Padres organization. He played in 29 major league games in 1980 and 1981, hitting .203 with 0 HR and 7 RBI.

The man: Stimac, who worked as a stock broker after his playing career, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in 2009.

My collection: This is the only card of him in my collection. I would be interested in trading for1982 TCMA Charleston Charlies #13.

Tom Tellmann

The player: Tom Tellmann played for the Padres, Brewers and A's over five seasons between 1979 and 1985, mostly for Milwaukee. In 112 major league games he went 18-7 with 13 saves and a 3.05 ERA.

The man: After his career he returned to his hometown of Warren, PA, where he is still involved with youth baseball instruction.

My collection: I have ten of his cards, from 1981 to 1986. I would be interested in trading for 1985 Topps Gardner's Bakery Milwaukee Brewers #20.

1 comment: