Sunday, September 8, 2019

Street trade/hockey update

Forgot to post this earlier in the week - I flipped a bunch of Rangers and Devils from my big hockey haul to Al for some baseball cards.

I picked out twenty-three cards. Four it turned out I had already, including the Drew Henson card. I had just read about it on the Collector Empire blog - the card was produced without Henson's permission and pulled after release. Still lots of them in circulation, obviously, as this is my second one.
 Still, 19 new cards for me which is lots of fun. Cards include Willie Randolph's son, Ricky Williams on a baseball cards, and lots of shiny.
Speaking of the hockey cards, I was able to sell the 50,000+ cards for $75 on Facebook Marketplace. It will be fun figuring out a way to put that money back into cards. I did save a couple hundred of the nicest cards for future trades, including about 90 serial-numbered cards. I have several hockey trade packages that I am planning to send out this week.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on selling all of those hockey cards! I was just talking to a guy yesterday at the flea market about selling cards... and he brought up the Facebook Marketplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking that I need to check out this Facebook Marketplace, but then I remember that I'm not on Facebook, and more importantly... I don't know how to use the Facebook :(

    ReplyDelete