Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Jerry Bell on baseball cards

Jerry Bell pitched for the Brewers from 1971 to 1974. In 69 games he went 17-11 with a 3.28 ERA. Now the coach of the Tennessee Patriots American Legion team, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I don't collect cards myself but I have a few of Brewers players whom I played with, as well as a few that some collectors send me to keep.  I guess the only story I have is about my rookie card.  It also included Darrell Porter and Bob Reynolds but my name is under Porter's picture and vice versa. Topps did not recall it as a mistake card so a lot of folks who send it to me to sign, think that I signed in the wrong place.  I had a lot of cards in the early 60's,  but when I went away to college, I think my mom threw them out.  I wish I could sort through those again."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment