Sunday, July 8, 2018

Comments and a card

I was feeling a bit bummed about this blog lately, as I hadn't gotten comments on anything for a while, even when posting a few times soliciting potential trades. Turns out Blogger has messed with the comment reporting feature - I had missed the last month's worth of comments including some trade propositions. Here is a link from The Lost Collector about how to rectify the problem if you are experiencing it. He also links to another discussion about whether baseball card blogging is a dying art. I certainly hope not, I find it really enjoyable to read what others have to write about cards, and a great way to propose trades. I know at some point I'll have to start expanding more into Twitter and/or TCDB for trades. Maybe I can be "One Million Cheap Vintage Cards" on Twitter. (I don't fully understand this One Million thing - I assume they don't actually want duplicates.) I had a good trade with One Million Cubs, but another Million guy started asking for pictures of my house which I thought was weird, and I haven't gotten back to Twitter trading since. Are there any good Twitter traders people would recommended I'd do TCDB but am worried Beckett might go after it like it did with Zistle. Will probably put at least my tradelist up there at some point.

Anyway, here is the result of another one-card trade with Al this week. On April 22, 1960, Moose Skowron went 2-4 and Mickey Mantle and Hector Lopez homered as Whitey Ford out-dueled Hoyt Wilhelm in a battle of future Hall-of-Famers.

3 comments:

  1. While you wrote this I was pulling cards from your wantlist to propose a trade with you. E-mail coming.

    I've heard that concern about TCDB before. It would be aggravating to all of those who spent their time adding their collection to the site if the site was taken over and discarded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on TCDB, I just have feeling that at some point something bad is going to happen to that site, and a lot of people are going to end up being disappointed.

    I've been spending more time on Twitter lately, but I haven't really done any trading so unfortunately I can't recommend anyone to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used one in years, but are you a member of any trading forums like Sports Card Forum or Card Collector's World? I used to use them for trading all the time.

    ReplyDelete