Thursday, January 14, 2016

Joe Housey on baseball cards

Joe Housey pitched six seasons in the Cubs organization, winning 42 games. His best season was 1980, when he went 10-2 with 1.50 ERA for Geneva. Now a major league scout for the Rockies, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I was an avid baseball card collector most of my young life. Early on I had heard many horror stories about cards being thrown out by parents. So, one of the first things I did to prevent this was to introduce my mother to my baseball cards. And from that point on I never lost a baseball card.  So I would recommend to all collectors to do the same. Not only will this prevent a loss but may also result in your mother or father coming across some cards that somebody else is giving away or that they may find somewhere.  A little prevention can go a long way."
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment