Saturday, January 16, 2016

Jim Boudreau on baseball cards

The son of Hall-of-Famer Lou Boudreau, Jim Boudreau pitched five seasons in the Cubs and Orioles organizations. In 150 games he went 30-26 with eight saves and a 3.57 ERA. Now the Staffing Manager at Magid Glove & Safety Manufacturing in Romeoville, IL, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I started to collect cards when I was younger and I do have some old cards from the 60’s/70’s.  However, I was never what you would call an “avid collector”.   I do have a number of star cards (i.e. Mantle, Ryan, Mays, etc.), but certainly a lot more of the “who is that” cards in my possession.  When my son was born, I started to buy the Topps complete set each year to set aside for him.  I think he’ll appreciate that down the road.  As for now, the only cards I collect are of my dad (Lou).

As for my cards, I only have 2 options (Midland Cubs / Charlotte O’s).   Of the two, the Charlotte card is my favorite. 

As for the Cubs card shot, they didn’t say what the picture was for and told me to 'just stand there a minute', which I did.  It would have been nice to get into some sort of ballplayer stance or position AND find a spot where our field didn’t look like a playground (more dirt than grass)."
 Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment