Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Darren Sack on baseball cards

Darren Sack pitched in the Giants organization from 2004 to 2007. His best season was 2006, when he went 7-3 with a 1.94 ERA for San Jose. Now a Program Manager at Blue Data in San Francisco, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.


- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?  Very strange to get someone sending me my card in the mail to sign and return to them.  I once received a letter written in Hebrew because they found out I was Jewish.  Had to use a translate tool to figure out what it said.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?  I think everyone that collected cards would agree that their favorite card was the first one of them.  Kind of feel like you made it a little bit.  

- Do you collect baseball cardsI collected a lot as a kid.  Used to save up my allowance every week and ride my bike 4 miles round trip to a shop called Ball Cards and Collectibles.  Would sometimes just buy some packs and would sometimes save up my money to buy a single card.  I still have about 20 complete sets from the late 80's and early 90's.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment