Monday, January 11, 2016

Billy Petrick on baseball cards

Billy Petrick pitched in the Cubs organization from 2002 to 2008, making the major leagues for eight games in 2007. He still pitches in independent ball, appearing in sixteen games for the Amarillo Thunderheads last year. The brother of recent Cardinals minor leaguer Zach Petrick, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"The first card I ever had was with Topps. When I signed the contract I just scribbled my name on the page quickly, not realizing that they were going to be using that signature on my card as well. I'm pretty sure it looked as if a second grader wrote it.
I'd say my favorite card of myself is one that I don't actually even have a copy of. It is a Topps Signs of the Future Cubs card. The picture isn't displayed vertically on the card, but instead horizontally. I came across it online one day... Didn't even know it was out there. I don't really collect baseball cards, just a few of mine and now my little brother's."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment