Sunday, June 7, 2015

Wallet Card at Yankee Stadium

I took Wallet Card to it's first Yankee game today and it had a great time. The game actually looked like it was shaping up to be a loss until the fifth innings. Between innings they had the "Yankee Fan Marquee" with various announcements that fans pay to post on the scoreboard, and being a weekend game there was the usual proposal. It turns out the couple was just a few rows ahead of us which was funny to see. The crowd screamed "Don't do it!" like they always do, but the girl said yes, after which the crowd chanted "You'll regret it". Yankee fans are much milder than they once were but still have a bit of a rough edge.  As this was going on I turned to my dad, who was at the game with me, and said "Maybe this will bring the Yankees luck". The words were barely out of my mouth when Chris Young hit a game tying home run! A few batters later Brett Gardner hit a three-run homer and the Yankees were on their way. I took this photo right after Gardner's home run.
It was fun seeing the Yankees win in person (I usually seem to bring them bad luck when I go) and in addition to the above highlights got to see Sabathia record his 2,500th strikeout, get thrown out of the game for arguing balls-and-strikes, and saw second base phenom Jose Pirela hit his first major league home run.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff...my wallet card needs to get out and about as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that was as mad as I've ever seen Sabathia.

    ReplyDelete