Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Scott Jeffery on baseball cards

Scott Jeffery pitched four seasons in the Reds organization. In 130 games (43 starts) he went 36-20 with a 2.81 ERA. Now the Superintendent of the Lakeland School District in Scott Township, PA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"As far as stories about cards, there were a few players (Scott Bryant, Bill Risley) who had their pictures taken pretending to bat left-handed, when they really bat right, but that's about it.


All of the cards that I had of myself were special. I liked my Greensboro card ('88) the best though.
I'm not a card collector anymore. I stopped collecting cards when I was around 13-14 years old."

Thanks! I don't have the Greensboro card, but here is one I do have from when he was at Cedar Rapids.





No comments:

Post a Comment