Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cole Cook on baseball cards

Cole Cook pitched in the Indians organization from 2010 to 2013, going 12-21 with 5 saves and a 4.83 ERA. He is now a stand-up and improv comedian in New York. You can see him next Friday June 12 at the Metropolitan Room on West 22nd Street or anytime on his website, TheColeCook.com. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"The first time I ever saw my own card was when someone asked me to sign it. It was the Panini line I did, and had a picture of me in a Pepperdine jersey making a face I don't love. Still, it was the first time I had seen my card, and the collector that asked me to sign was kind enough to give me an extra one he had. 
I like the Akron card best simply because I look the best on it. Most of what I care about with a card is how good the picture of me is on it. 
I don't collect; I had a big binder of sports cards when I was a little kid, but I think it's gone the way of the yard sale."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment