Sunday, June 28, 2015

Blog Bat-A-Round: Not cards, but sticker albums

I don't really have any cards that I've had and wish I had not gotten rid of. Collecting everything means I'm not really in a position like GCRL to sell a good card. I'm sure I've lost a few (in fact, I know I dropped a card on the train from one of my $3 boxes the other day but could not find it; I hadn't even had a chance to see what card it was). But, no real self-inflicted holes in my baseball card collection.

However, when I first started collecting as a kid, it wasn't cards but stickers. The 1986 Topps sticker album was what got me into not just collecting but baseball itself. I didn't actually start collecting cards until the following year. I had the Topps sticker albums for both baseball and football from 1986 to 1989, as well as a couple of Paninis, 1988 and 1989. However I did not keep these. Over the past few years I have ended up with some of the stickers for these albums and kind of wish I had held on to them. If anyone has albums that are either empty or mostly empty, I might consider trading cards for them.

3 comments:

  1. A guy at the flea market I frequent has a ton of the '89 albums if your interested and bags of the sticker packs from '88. I could pick them up for you next time i'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I just finished mine that I'll be publishing on Tuesday... and I totally forgot about these albums. I definitely wish I had these back in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Bo. And it's stories like yours that lead me to believe that Panini should try its hand at stickers again. I know Topps has them, but more stickers would be good!

    ReplyDelete