Thursday, June 4, 2015

Bryan Goelz on baseball cards

Outfielder Bryan Goelz played in the Dodgers and Red Sox organizations from 2002 to 2005. In 330 games he hit .256 with 6 HR and 114 RBI. Now Director of Business Development at Motus, a biomechanics company in Massapequa, NY and a trainer at Prospect Sports in Farmingdale, NY, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I don't really have any stories but I think every kid's dream is to one day have their own baseball card. I wish it was an MLB rookie card, but still was pretty cool getting my first card playing rookie ball with the LA Dodgers in Great Falls, Montana.

My favorite card growing up was my Don Mattingly rookie card. He was my favorite player.
 
I used to collect baseball cards as a kid. I still have all of them. Hopefully they'll be worth something one day. If I were to still collect, it'd be cool to get cards of guys that I used to play with. It's been fun keeping track of them and rooting for them."

Thanks! I couldn't find a picture of his Great Falls card but here is one of him with Wilmington.

No comments:

Post a Comment