Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Ernie Baker on baseball cards

Ernie Baker pitched in the Cardinals organization from 1989 to 1992. In 137 games he went 10-8 with a 2.85 ERA. Now the owner of Baker's Baseball in Fredericksburg, VA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?  
My first professional baseball card was an error card!  They got my name right, but height and weight were way off.  Also I wasn't born in Puerto Rico.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?

George Brett!!  Have every card from every year he played!!!

- Do you collect baseball cards?
 I collected a whole decade of baseball cards in complete sets.  My favorite set was the 84 Donruss set that I traded for Willie Mays catch, Ernie Banks All-star card and something else I can't remember.
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. After search of TheBaseballCube.com and Baseball-Reference.com, I can't find any players that fit the birthdate / place.

    ReplyDelete