Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thanks again, Jaybarkerfan!

My mailbox got PWE-bombed by Jaybarkerfan this week. Some people may complain about being PWE-bombed but I never will. This is the second nice thing he's sent me in a week. I dropped a PWExplosive for him in the mailbox this week, so he should get bombed with some vintage soon (if the Department of Homeland Security doesn't intercept if first!).

Here are the goodies:

Three cards from 2008 Topps Updates Highlights. Two guys I completely forget were ever Yankees, and a third who I wish never was.
 That's a strange grimace on A-Rod's face.
 May 30, 1942. In the first game of a doubleheader, the Yankees knocked off Washington 5-1. Joltin' Joe was 0-4 with an RBI. He went 1-3 with another RBI in the second game as the Yankees pulled off the sweep. The middle infielders were the big stars - Phil Rizzuto had five hits in the doubleheader, and Frankie Crossetti had four.
 Two older cards that are up for trade as I already had them - a 1982 Kmart Thurman Munson card - a rare bearded Yankee - and the 1981 team picture card.

No comments:

Post a Comment