Sunday, March 17, 2013

Jose Mota on baseball cards

Infielder Jose Mota played twelve seasons of professional baseball, reaching the major leagues with the Padres and Royals. He is the son of former big leaguer Manny Mota, and the brother of former pro ballplayer Gary Mota, who I interviewed for this blog last year. He is now a broadcaster for the Angels and is co-Founder of Mota's Faces, which promotes the involvement of American youngsters in assisting impoverished school children and their families in the Dominican Republic.

"The card in Omaha for the 1993 season is the last time I didn't have a mustache.
In my broadcast bag I always carry a 1960's card of my dad with the Pirates uniform.
I don't collect cards anymore but, as a youngster, absolutely. We found a way of buying entire cases back in the early 80's and I enjoyed all of that bubble gum."

Thanks! Here is a card of him from my collection, from Topps Debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment