Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Joe Fontenot on baseball cards

Joe Fontenot pitched five seasons in the Giants and Marlins organizations, reaching the major leagues in 1998 with Florida. Now a full-time baseball instructor at Ninth Inning Baseball in Chamblee, GA, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I did see the blog and Russ Ortiz’s comments on the weather conditions our first year in Bellingham, Washington.  I wasn’t there yet when they took those team photos for the cards, but I sure heard about how cold it was.  They later  took a quick shot of me in warmer weather throwing some side work and added me to the team card collection.
 
I’m pretty sure I have a couple of favorite cards of myself.  I do enjoy the Bowman collection with New Orleans in the background.  I always liked that one.
I had never collected a baseball card in my life until I received my teammates' cards and cards of myself.  Obviously that is the extent of my collection and I will always cherish those memories and teammates."

Thanks! Here is a card of him from my collection when he was with the San Jose Giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment