Saturday, March 16, 2013

Russ Ortiz on baseball cards

Russ Ortiz pitched twelve seasons in the major leagues, mostly for the Giants and the Braves, going 113-89 with 1,192 strikeouts. His best season was 2003 with the Braves, when he went 21-7 and finished fourth in the Cy Young voting. Now the owner of 2nd Guy Golf, a golf gear company that donates a quarter of its proceeds to the Phoenix Children's Hospital, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"There is one card that has my name and stats, etc but the picture is not me. It's of a former teammate Rich Rodriguez. He's a lefthander.
The very first baseball card pic I took, it was FREEZING cold. I had to borrow a hat. My face is red from the coldness.
I do not collect baseball cards. I did for a bit but then they all got stolen."

Thanks! I don't have either of those cards, but here is one from my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see an ex-ballplayer take the time to answer some questions for a fan.

    ReplyDelete