Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bobby Holley on baseball cards

Infielder Bobby Holley played six seasons in the Royals and Mariners organizations, hitting .259 with 52 HR and 283 RBI. Now a youth baseball instructor in Georgia, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I don't collect baseball cards actively, although I do have a card set from 1994.  My two sons have a small collection started.  I have several minor league cards of myself.  Two come to mind.  Both of them were taken while I was playing for the Peninsula Pilots.  The first shows me standing with a bat in hand and I have the phrase, "Hi Mom" written on it in black ink.  The other card is me holding a sledgehammer with an angry grimace on my face."

 
Thanks! I don't have either of those cards, but I do have this one from the Jacksonville Suns.

2 comments:

  1. He's a mallet mannnnnnn.............

    (Heart song)

    ReplyDelete
  2. back in 1992 I was at the ball field watching bobby holley play ball . I was 12 he was my first crush. me and my friends would drool over him and probably annoyed him we screamed his name a lot on the other side of the fence, lmao. I wish I had these baseball cards just to have. brought back some cool memories -kelly

    ReplyDelete