Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ricky Horton on baseball cards

Ricky Horton pitched seven years in the major leagues for the Cardinals, White Sox and Dodgers, winning 32 games and saving 15. He appeared in three World Series. Now a Cardinals broadcaster and the Director of the Greater St. Louis Fellowship of Christian Athletes, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I have over 4000 cards from the late 60s early 70s. Favorite card is of my favorite player growing up...Ron Swoboda (its well worn). My most valuable card is an early Brooks Robinson...WOULD be worth something had I not drawn a beard on it! My early Topps card lists my career accomplishment as marrying my wife in 1983 (29 years later we both agree)."

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. It is so awesome when a successful major leaguer is a collector, too. That's true love for the game and its history right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool return. I will try to write him a letter too. Also, are you looking to make a trade? I was looking over your want lists and can probably get together a nice stack to help your set needs. Email me if you want to get a deal going.

    ReplyDelete