Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Player Profile: Matt Antonelli


I have one card of Matt Antonelli, from 2009 Topps.

Playing career: Infielder Matt Antonelli played in 21 games for the 2008 Padres, hitting .193 with 1 HR and 3 RBI.

Where he is now: Currently in the Orioles organization, he hit .298 with 8 HR and 31 RBI in AA and AAA in 2011. He also founded Touch ‘Em All Baseball, a baseball clinic in Massachusetts.

Interesting facts: He has a blog, The Official Site of Matt Antonelli, which has both written and audio posts. My favorite post explains the futility of fans booing players on their own team. "I'm sorry, but booing isn't going to make someone get a hit. Believe me, if it did, I'd make sure to tell everyone in the stadium to boo the s*** out of me every time I stepped to the plate."

My memories: In 2010 he answered my questions about his baseball card experiences.

Google Autocomplete Results: He is first when you type Matt Ant, before Matt Antunes, a former track star at the University of Virginia. Another prominent Matt Antonelli played lacrosse at Bucknell.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Bob Apodaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment