Thursday, January 19, 2012

Scott Cooper's favorite card

Third baseman Scott Cooper played seven seasons in the major leagues. He was an American League All Star in 1993 and 1994, his first two seasons replacing Wade Boggs as the Red Sox third baseman. Now a coach for the St. Louis Gamers youth team, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"My favorite card is an Upper Deck card because the photographer came up to me after the game and told me he got a picture of the home run swing against the Yankees in my 2nd at bat and was going to send it in to Upper Deck and see if they would print it. He was right. Probably my best swing ever on a card. Upper Deck -1992"

Thanks! That means the photo was taken on October 3, 1992. He went 2-5 in Boston's 7-5 win.

No comments:

Post a Comment