Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jack Peel on baseball cards

Jack Peel played in the White Sox and Rangers organizations from 1986 to 1990, hitting .255 with 22 HR and 181 RBI. Now the Director of Football Operations at Arkansas State University, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
-My daughter and I were looking in a card catalog with prices and she found mine that was still selling for 23 cents. She said I was still "famous", little does she know.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?

-My favorite card is the Sarasota White Sox of 1989 because it is an action shot.

- Do you collect baseball cards?
-I collected cards up until I was about 10 and have not since.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment