Friday, January 13, 2012

Kyle Gaedele on baseball cards

The sixth round draft choice of the Padres in 2011, Kyle Gaedele played in 63 games at Class A Eugene and showed a keen batting eye, ranking eighth in the league in walks. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"The only story I have about trading cards of myself is that the information on the back of my first Bowman card is not correct. It is a false card. The scouting report on the back is for some other player and not myself. My favorite cards growing up were Michael Jordan cards. Being from Chicago he was my favorite athlete and whenever I got him in a pack of cards I was pumped. I do not collect cards. I used to before when I was younger."

Thanks! The scouting report is for Roman Quinn, a Phillies draft choice who is not even in the Bowman set.

No comments:

Post a Comment