Friday, December 9, 2011

Ryan Curry on baseball cards

Second baseman Ryan Curry was drafted by the Marlins in 2007 and is working his way through their system. This year at AA Jacksonville he hit .244 with 8 HR and 47 RBI. He also operates Curry Athletic Performance in Florida where he gives private baseball instruction. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I definitely collected cards as a kid and had a pretty big card collection. I used to do yard work and do things for the neighbors so I could make some extra cash to spend on cards and collecting things. I have not collected cards in a while but I have two big binders filled with cards back at my house. I would have to say that my best card or favorite card is a Derek Jeter card. It is either Rookie year or pre-rookie season. I was at a camp and got a card collection and one of the instructors asked to look through my pack of cards. He said "you want to keep this one for sure, he is going to be a great player." Obviously that has become true and that has to be my favorite story about a card that I own."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment