Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Player Profile: David Aardsma


I have one card of David Aardsma, from 2004 Topps.

Playing career: David Aardsma had four undistinguished seasons for four teams in the mid-2000s, then was traded to the Mariners and was their closer with 69 saves in 2009 and 2010.

Where he is now: He missed the 2011 season due to injury and is currently a free agent.

My memories: I remember when he made his major league debut, becoming the first major leaguer alphabetically ahead of Hank Aaron. I remember being disappointed that the first name would no longer be one of the all-time greats, so I am glad Aardsma has managed to put together a pretty decent career.

Google Autocomplete results: He is third when you type David Aa, between David Aaron Carpenter, a violinist, and David Aaron, a rabbi. Another prominent David Aardsma is the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer at Waste Management.

Coming up next: The next profile will be Shane Andrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment