Monday, December 12, 2011

Graham Taylor on baseball cards

Pitcher Graham Taylor was drafted by the Marlins in 2006 and made his major league debut in 2009. He missed 2010 to injury and pitched for the Marlins AA team in Jacksonville in 2011. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"Yes I collected baseball cards religiously as a kid. I still have all the cards that I collected. My dad and I use to go to card shows all the time. One of my cards that was produced a few years ago actually has all of my stats and information but the picture on the cars is Ricky Nolasco. I thought is was pretty funny. I got Ricky to autograph one for me to add to my collection. My favorite player as a kid was Ken Griffey Jr. I collected every Jr card I could find. My favorite card was by far his Upper Deck rookie card."

Thanks! Anyone know which card he refers to? Taylor seems to be clean-shaven on all of his cards, while Nolasco usually has a goatee.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment