Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tom Hostetler on baseball cards

Tom Hostetler pitched six seasons in the Giants and A's organizations, going 45-22 with a 3.01 ERA. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"I think most of us start out collecting baseball cards for the fun of it. I'm not a big fan of the financial end of it where it has become big money. I never had a problem signing a card if i knew it was for a fan, I did however object to the club making us sign items so that they could make a profit selling them. Most of us tried to do something special with the pose if we could get away with it...lol. I remember out trainer did one with himself being held up in the air by the rest of the team. That was pretty funny. I tried to do one with a bat...and being a pitcher, they quickly removed that idea. To sum it all up...baseball cards have been around a long time and I'm honored to be on a few...and to anybody who collects mine...thank you for the continued fan support, God bless and stay safe."

Thanks! Here is a card of him from my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment